About Radiology Alliance
Radiology Alliance is Tennessee's second largest private radiology group practice.
Our board-certified and subspecialty-trained physicians offer high quality medical imaging and radiology services, including diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology, women's imaging and nuclear medicine. Radiology Alliance physicians work with the nine TriStar Health System hospitals in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky and many other treatment and outpatient imaging centers.
Radiology Alliance works closely with leading healthcare providers to diagnose and treat patients in a professional, accessible and compassionate manner that focuses on the improvement of human life. As the preferred provider of radiology services in the mid-state area, we offer superior service delivery, subspecialty expertise and consultation, as well as advanced technology.
History of Radiology Alliance
On January 1, 2001, Radiology Alliance, P. C. was created by the merger of three highly successful radiology practices, including Associated Radiologists, P. C., Radiology Associates of Nashville, P.C. and Radiology Alliance Consultants, Inc. Through the merger, Radiology Alliance became Tennessee's largest private radiology practice group of board certified diagnostic and interventional radiologists. In January 2011, Radiology Alliance added an additional seven radiologists by a merger with Diagnostic Imaging, Inc.
For over seventy years, our radiologists have pioneered new technologies and contributed radiology expertise and service excellence for the benefit of referring physicians and patients in our community. Today, Radiology Alliance continues to offer a level of professional services and subspecialty expertise that is unmatched in the region. Radiology Alliance has always been committed to the highest level of medical imaging in order to support the level of subspecialty diagnosis and treatment that is expected by our partnering hospitals, physicians and imaging centers.
Radiology Alliance Service Contributions to our Community
- 1988 - Opened first MRI scanner in Nashville
- 1992 - First group to offer stroke thrombolysis in Nashville
- 1995 - Began teleradiology services to expand radiology coverage to rural communities
- 2003 - First group to set up teleradiology systems for expanded overnight radiology coverage
- 2001 - Collaborated with Tennessee Oncology to open the 1st PET/CT scanner in Tennessee (2nd unit in the United States and 4th unit in the world)
- 2004 - Pioneered radiofrequency ablation for tumors in Nashville
- 2005 - Opened 1st bilateral breast MRI services in Middle Tennessee
- 2011 - First group to offer Irreversible Electroporation (NanoKnife) for tumor ablation in Nashville
- 2011 - Collaborated with Centennial Medical Center to bring cutting edge imaging to Middle Tennessee with Breast Tomosynthesis