About Radiology Alliance
Radiology Alliance works with the 9 TriStar Health System hospitals in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.
Our board-certified and subspecialty-trained physicians offer high-quality medical imaging and radiology services, including diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology, women's imaging and nuclear medicine. Radiology Alliance physicians work with the nine TriStar Health System hospitals in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky, as well as many other treatment and outpatient imaging centers. Radiology Alliance works closely with leading healthcare providers to diagnose and treat patients in a professional, accessible and compassionate manner that focuses on the improvement of human life. As the preferred provider of radiology services in the mid-state area, we utilize advanced technology to offer superior service delivery, subspecialty expertise and consultation.
History of Radiology Alliance
On January 1, 2001, Radiology Alliance, P. C. was created by the merger of three highly successful radiology practices, including Associated Radiologists, P. C., Radiology Associates of Nashville, P.C. and Radiology Consultants, Inc. Through the merger, Radiology Alliance became Tennessee’s largest private radiology practice group of board certified diagnostic and interventional radiologists. In January 2011, Radiology Alliance added an additional seven radiologists by a merger with Diagnostic Imaging, Inc.
For over seventy years, our radiologists have pioneered new technologies and contributed radiology expertise and service excellence for the benefit of referring physicians and patients in our community. Today, Radiology Alliance continues to offer a level of professional services and subspecialty expertise that is unmatched in the region. Radiology Alliance has always been committed to the highest level of medical imaging in order to support the level of subspecialty diagnosis and treatment that is expected by our partnering hospitals, physicians and imaging centers.
Radiology Alliance Service Contributions to our Community
Opened first MRI scanner in Nashville
First group to offer stroke thrombolysis in Nashville
Began teleradiology services to expand radiology coverage to rural communities
- Collaborated with Tennessee Oncology to open the first PET/CT scanner in Tennessee (second unit in the United States and fourth unit in the world)
- Created through the merger of 3 practices: Associated Radiologists, P.C., Radiology Associates of Nashville, P.C. and Radiology Consultants, Inc.
- Pioneered radiofrequency ablation for tumors in Nashville
- First group to set up teleradiology systems for expanded overnight radiology coverage
- Opened 1st bilateral breast MRI services in Middle TN
- Opened Imaging Alliance Nashville PET
- Merged with Diagnostic Imaging, Inc., adding 7 additional radiologists
- Became exclusive radiology provider at 3 new TriStar hospitals
- Exclusive contract with TriStar
- Contracted with TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital, marking first site outside of TN
- Enhanced quality initiatives
- Development of in-house overnight coverage model
- Became the first on-site radiology group to join MEDNAX as a founding group of what became MEDNAX Radiology Solutions
- Established partnership with Cool Springs Interventional
- Developed and implemented Incidental Findings Program; first program of this kind in the Southeast USA, fourth in the Nation
Make an Appointment
Schedule an appointment directly with one of our locations.